martes, 27 de enero de 2009

Con dos día de retraso ...


My love is like a red red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
My love is like the melodie
That’s sweetly play’d in tune.

So fair (are you) art thou, my (beautiful darling, sweetheart) bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I;
And I will love (you) thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas (gone) gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun:
And I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And (farewell to you) fare thee weel, my only love
And fare thee weel, a while!
And I will come again, my love,
Tho’ it were ten thousand mile.

Robert Burns


PS/ Cada 25 de enero, los escoceses celebran la 'Noche de Burns', una celebración que incluye gaitas, lectura de los poemas del poeta, una buena cena en la que no falta el haggis y el canto emocionado del Auld Lang Syne para despedir la fiesta.

No hay comentarios: